The Bottrell Team
The Bottrell Team is within the Top 1% of all Realtors in the County in closed transactions. Jim has earned the Five Star Award for top real estate agents offering premiere customer service for the last five years in a row, as featured in San Diego Magazine. It is quickly realized that we bring a lot more to the table than your typical Real Estate Agents. As Jim’s father told us, “When you have the experience that you have, it pretty much means that Real Estate is what you are going to do in life.”
- Recently featured on the cover of Executive Agent Magazine as one of the preeminent real estate teams in the Country.
- The Bottrell Team is also recognized as one of the top 200 real estate teams in North America by the Accredited Platinum Real Estate Produces organization (APREP).
- The Bottrell Team was also awarded the Quantum Leap award by that organization in 2013. The award is given to the team that demonstrates the fastest growing high-quality business within APREP and is voted on by the members itself.
- The Bottrell Team was also selected as one of only 20 teams within APREP to be inducted into its “Titanium” program.
- Looking for someone with VA Loan experience? The Bottrell Team recently earned the Real Estate Circle of Excellence VA Housing Award for most VA transactions in all of California.
It is our goal as your full service real estate company to provide you with superior service at all times. Our local expertise and extensive real estate experience will benefit you whether you are serious about buying or selling a home at this time, or are a returning client checking out the many homeowner resources that we offer. We pride ourselves on providing unparalleled service and look forward to developing a long-term relationship with you. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss how we can best assist you with your real estate needs.
Background as a Mortgage Broker
In Real Estate, just like in the Marine Corps, INTEGRITY, Leadership, Discipline, and a very strong work ethic are critical for obvious reasons. You need somebody you can trust, somebody that will lead you through the process, and somebody that will work hard and smart for you. You can accept no substitutions.
Jim’s first three years out of college he worked as a mortgage broker. We now use that experience to help buyers determine which loans are best for them. There are positives and negatives to every type of loan; you need somebody impartial that will tell you the truth about each. We do not do loans anymore, nor do we accept referral fees or any type of compensation from the lender that you choose. We use our knowledge of loans and loan programs to help our buyers determine which type of loans will work best for them.
Former Major, United States Marine Corps
General Contracting Background
Jim grew up buying and selling homes with his father (when they weren’t fishing). In doing so, he became very adept at construction. Additionally, after his time in the Marine Corps, he was a “house flipper” (just like you see on TV - only much, much better). He had a construction crew made up of former Marines and he turned over a dozen homes from the time he left active duty in the Marine Corps in 2004 until the market changed in 2006. Today, we use those contracting skills to help our clients:
1. When looking at homes: When our buyers walk into a home, they look at the kitchen, bathrooms, and envision what the home would look like with their family and their furniture in it. We, on the other hand, walk through the home using our skilled eye looking for potential defects. It’s like getting a free home inspection at every preview.
2. For our sellers: We spend time not only marketing their homes and trying to find buyers, we also assist them by doing a quick home inspection and helping them fix the small repairs that could potentially turn a buyer off. "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." We help them get a great first impression.
Personal Real Estate Investing Background
Jim has been personally investing in Real Estate since the age of 9 (yes, 9). It’s an interesting story and the short version goes like this: Jim’s father was a real estate investor. When he was 9 years old his Grandmother passed away and left him a $4,000 inheritance. Soon after, his father asked him if he wanted to learn about real estate (using his own money as that is really the best way to pay attention). Of course he agreed. So, at the age of 9, he was buying and selling properties with his father - learning the ropes and learning to how to avoid the pitfalls. Now we use this experience of buying and selling investment properties to benefit our clients.
Bachelors Degree in Finance
His degree in Finance helps us to teach our clients to understand the bigger picture of real estate, interest rates, and the reasons why they fluctuate – the bigger picture if you will.
Jessica has been an active member of the Miramar Semper Fidelis Rotary Club since 2011. We believe in giving back to our community and especially to our active duty military members, veterans and their families.
Jim Bottrell, CA BRE# 01154905
Jessica Bottrell, CA BRE# 01871368
Ardent Real Estate Services